Thu, Aug 24|
How to NOT Take Things Personally, Mini-Workshop
Learn communication tools and mindsets to move beyond taking things personally and create a more calm, non-reactive presence in your relationship.
Time & Location
Aug 24, 2023, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
About the event
Taking things personally shuts down your relationship …
You know how frustrating it is when your partner takes something you say personally and reacts. But even though it’s super irritating, can anyone of us say we don’t take things personally?
Taking things personally means having a negative emotional reaction to something that’s not necessarily about you at all (although sometimes it is). What happens when one or both of you take things personally while trying to have a conversation?
Perhaps something like this happens …
- You get mad and start fighting.
- You get derailed from what you were trying to talk about.
- You don’t feel heard.
- Your communication shuts down.
- You don’t get to express yourself (because your partner just made it about him/her)
- You discouraged to share in the future.
- You feel hopeless about your communication.
Any of that ring true from your own relationships (past or present)?
Learning to not take things personally, that is, to remain calm, open, and engaged, is a masterful skill. It can make the difference between endless frustrations and smooth communication. Wouldn’t it be fantastic if you could keep listening calmy, no matter what your partner is talking about? Even if he or she is talking about you?
That’s what this mini-workshop will help you with!
In this 90-minute course, you will engage in several practices to help you move beyond the reactivity of “taking things personally”. You’ll get crucial insight into this dynamic and you’ll walk away with concrete steps you can start taking immediately.
Attend with your partner or by yourself, you’ll learn invaluable tools either way.
Some of what you'll learn:
- Helpful insights into the dynamic of taking things personally.
- A mind-shift about self-consciousness and how to use it to stay centered.
- How to stay calm and present in the face of emotional intensity.
- To support each other to not take things personally.
- Cultivate a calm, open presence with your partner.
- Ticket type
Taking Things Personally
How To NOT Take Things Personally, Mini-Workshop, 90-minute course via ZoomPrice$60.00